- Reaches up to 3.5ghz with a dual-core processor, a 512GB SSD, and 16GB of ram.
- All in the size factor of an iPad Mini, while still retaining the full feature set of a standard Laptop.
- Has a full aluminium-magnesium alloy body - this means that it can shrug off most drops of water, and won't scratch nearly as easily compared to a standard aluminium frame, while still being significantly stronger than a plastic frame.
- Despite its size, the P2 still functions with a high-quality webcam (1600x1200), a 1440p+ resolution screen (2600x1600) and an integrated ten-point touch pad.
Build & Screen
- The P2 Max is relatively small to mainstream ultrabooks, fitting in the 9-inch and below size class, with measurements of 206mm×148mm×5.5~18mm.
- The net weight of the body of the P2 Max is only 650g, which is only half the weight of an average mainstream Ultrabook. The P2 Max has a frame made from a magnesium-aluminium alloy.
- Due to relative forces that are generated relative to weight (square cubed law), when dropped, the combination of the P2 Max’s very low weight and its unibody magnesium-aluminium construction makes the P2 Max being far more drop resistant than a standard laptop.
- The P2 Max adopts a 2.5K fully fitted retina screen with IPS technology and a 178 degree wide viewing angle with a (16:10) 2560*1600 (WQXGA) resolution ratio, on a 340ppi, retina-level screen.
- The Spindle mounted webcam has a resolution of 1600x1200 and allows the taking of images/video for video calls or otherwise. Features a standard layout QWERTY keyboard, and a standard touchpad/trackpad.
- Furthermore, the P2 Max features a 10 point touchscreen supporting finger and stylus inputs.
- The power button also operates as a fingerprint reader, allowing for quick and easy fingerprint unlocking.
CPU and Graphics
The P2 Max uses the 8th generation Intel core m3-8100Y processor running between 1.1 GHz and 3.5 GHz, with a dual-core four-thread design. The core has a UHD Graphics 615 core display, 24 EU execution units, and a maximum 900MHz dynamic frequency.
The budget variant fits the same 3965Y core as the pocket 2 with is a dual-core four-thread design running at 1.5 GHz and is equipped with ninth-generation HD Graphics 615, featuring 24 Execution Units and a max dynamic frequency of 850MHz.
The graphics support both 10-bit 4K VP9 film decoding, and the output of 4K*2K/60p HD video through the HDMI interface. Finally, it applies a PC-level cooling solution with the active cooling design using liquid-vapour heat piping, a full-sized heatsink and a high-power turbofan allowing it to get significantly more performance out of its m3-8100Y/3965Y chip.
The P2 Max uses DDR3 Ram running at 1866MHz, which is directly mounted in the motherboard (rather than on a separate stick) which minimizes latency and maximizes performance.Two versions with 8GB and 16GB memory are provided, with a 256GB or 512GB SSD respectively.
The SSD is based on M.2 Socket 3 / Socket 2 interface, 2280 specification, PCIe Gen 3.0x 4 / SATA3 bus specification, NVMe 1.3 / AHCI transport protocols, with a read-write speed up to 1665.35MB/s
The P2 Max utilizes a 9200 milliamp-hour/35-watt hour lithium polymer battery giving it an unrivalled battery life running anywhere between 5 to 8 hours. With components using the quick charge technology of PD 2.0, any 30W or higher output USB-C power adapter can charge the P2 Max (lower or higher wattages are also usable through USB-C). This allows it to support any mobile phone charger or mobile power bank.
Wifi and Bluetooth
P2 Max has a built-in 2.4g /5G dual-band Wi-fi chip - the dual-channel maximum transmission rate of 867Mbps.
Has built-in Bluetooth 4.2, compatible with Bluetooth 4.1, supports IPv6 connection option, making data transfer faster and more efficient for hard-working people like yourself.
The P2 Max comes with a full complement of ports despite its size, containing:
- 2 USB B ports
- 1 USB C port
- Audio jack
- Micro HDMI port