GPD P2 Max High Performance Ultrabook
The P2 Max High-Performance Ultrabook is the most preeminent laptop in ultraportable processing, performance, and capability around.
It's a full-sized laptop computer in an iPad Mini size package. The P2 Max is the ideal laptop for any travelling business men and women, industry professionals, software developers, and those who aren't restricted to one place.Key Benefits:
- Reaches up to 3.5ghz with a dual-core processor, a 512GB SSD, and 16GB of ram.
- All in the size factor of an iPad Mini, while still retaining the full feature set of a standard Laptop.
- Has a full aluminium-magnesium alloy body - this means that it can shrug off most drops of water, and won't scratch nearly as easily compared to a standard aluminium frame, while still being significantly stronger than a plastic frame.
- Despite its size, the P2 still functions with a high-quality webcam (1600x1200), a 1440p+ resolution screen (2600x1600) and an integrated ten-point touch pad.
The P2 Max comes with a full complement of ports despite its size, containing:
- 2 USB B ports
- 1 USB C port
- Audio jack
- Micro HDMI port
Build & Screen
- The P2 Max is relatively small to mainstream ultrabooks, fitting in the 9-inch and below size class, with measurements of 206mm×148mm×5.5~18mm.
- The net weight of the body of the P2 Max is only 650g, which is only half the weight of an average mainstream Ultrabook. The P2 Max has a frame made from a magnesium-aluminium alloy.
- Due to relative forces that are generated relative to weight (square cubed law), when dropped, the combination of the P2 Max’s very low weight and its unibody magnesium-aluminium construction makes the P2 Max being far more drop resistant than a standard laptop.
- The P2 Max adopts a 2.5K fully fitted retina screen with IPS technology and a 178 degree wide viewing angle with a (16:10) 2560*1600 (WQXGA) resolution ratio, on a 340ppi, retina-level screen.
- The Spindle mounted webcam has a resolution of 1600x1200 and allows the taking of images/video for video calls or otherwise. Features a standard layout QWERTY keyboard, and a standard touchpad/trackpad.
- Furthermore, the P2 Max features a 10 point touchscreen supporting finger and stylus inputs.
- The power button also operates as a fingerprint reader, allowing for quick and easy fingerprint unlocking.
The P2 Max uses the 8th generation Intel core m3-8100Y processor running between 1.1 GHz and 3.5 GHz, with a dual-core four-thread design.
The core has a UHD Graphics 615 core display, 24 EU execution units, and a maximum 900MHz dynamic frequency.
The budget variant fits the same 3965Y core as the pocket 2 with is a dual-core four-thread design running at 1.5 GHz and is equipped with ninth-generation HD Graphics 615, featuring 24 Execution Units and a max dynamic frequency of 850MHz.
The graphics support both 10-bit 4K VP9 film decoding, and the output of 4K*2K/60p HD video through the HDMI interface.
Finally, it applies a PC-level cooling solution with the active cooling design using liquid-vapour heat piping, a full-sized heatsink and a high-power turbofan allowing it to get significantly more performance out of its m3-8100Y/3965Y chip.
The P2 Max uses DDR3 Ram running at 1866MHz, which is directly mounted in the motherboard (rather than on a separate stick) which minimizes latency and maximizes performance.
Two versions with 8GB and 16GB memory are provided, with a 256GB or 512GB SSD respectively.
The SSD is based on M.2 Socket 3 / Socket 2 interface, 2280 specification, PCIe Gen 3.0x 4 / SATA3 bus specification, NVMe 1.3 / AHCI transport protocols, with a read-write speed up to 1665.35MB/s
The P2 Max utilizes a 9200 milliamp-hour/35-watt hour lithium polymer battery giving it an unrivalled battery life running anywhere between 5 to 8 hours.
With components using the quick charge technology of PD 2.0, any 30W or higher output USB-C power adapter can charge the P2 Max (lower or higher wattages are also usable through USB-C).
This allows it to support any mobile phone charger or mobile power bank.
Wifi and Bluetooth
P2 Max has a built-in 2.4g /5G dual-band Wi-fi chip.
The dual-channel maximum transmission rate of 867Mbps.
Has built-in Bluetooth 4.2, compatible with Bluetooth 4.1, supports IPv6 connection option, making data transfer faster and more efficient for hard-working people like yourself.